Author: Rajiv Vatsyayan
This week Rajiv, our Head Chef at SUJÁN Rajmahal Palace reveals one of his favourite summer salad recipes that’s proving very popular with our guests.
The delicious kale is plucked daily straight from our organic kitchen gardens making this a particularly tasty, light lunch option during the warm Indian summers.
Kale leaves – 1200 gms
Green apple sliced – 1000 gms
Organic quinoa – 250 gms (02 cups)
Flax seeds – 100 gms
Chia seeds – 100 gms
Yuzu Juice – 100 ml
Extra virgin Olive oil – 50 ml
Salt – 60 gms
Pepper – 30 gms
Micro greens – 100 gms
- Take Extra virgin olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Emulsify the olive oil in yuzu juice, whisking constantly.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper and keep aside.
- Wash the quinoa in running water for 5 minutes
- Allow it to soak in water for 15-20 mins.
- In a flat bottom sauce-pan take quinoa and add water (04 cups) with few pinches of salt, cover it with the lid.
- Allow the quinoa to cook at a low heat for 20 mins (approx.) until all water is absorbed.
- Take the pan off lid, remove lid and gently open the quinoa with the help of a fork.
- Transfer the coked quinoa in a bowl and allow to cool.
- Pluck the kale leaves in smaller pieces and put them in a salad mixing bowl.
- Thinly slice the green apple and add to the salad mixing bowl
- Add cooked quinoa to the mixing bowl.
- Add dressing to the salad and gently toss all ingredients, for all ingredients to get dressed properly.
- Pile-up the tossed salad in a chilled salad plate and finish by sprinkling Flax seed and Chia seeds from top.
- Garnish the salad with some fresh microgreens.
- Serve the salad immediately.